THIS IS NOT A REMOTE POSITION
The Grant Writer is primarily responsible for preparation and submittal of proposals, grant applications, and grant reports. This position will research, identify, and respond to public, government and private grant opportunities in support of Brisk Health’s mission, goals, and needs. S/he will have proven fundraising success and is integral to the successful production of Brisk Health’s events that take place throughout the year including smaller stewardship events and other events deemed necessary to support the achievement of the annual development goals.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
· Conducts the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate and government sources.
· Performs prospect research on foundations and corporations to evaluate prospects for corporate and foundation grants.
· Works with the finance and programs departments to gather information necessary to report to corporate/foundation funders on current grant programs.
· Follows-up with all grant reporting as required by foundation/corporate donors.
· Provides stewardship to current donors, and regular written updates (newsletters etc.) to corporate and foundation donors.
· Maintains current records in database and in paper files, including grant tracking and reporting.
· Assists with other fundraising projects as requested.
· Provides grant information to business office to ensure that monies are appropriately accounted for.
· Represents Brisk Health at grants-related meetings.
· Work with Chief Development Officer to secure sponsorships and donations for events
· Maintain donor and foundation records and ensure the accuracy of the donor database.
· Create monthly and annual fundraising reports.
· Create event related communications including sponsorship packets, donation letters, invitations
· Solicit in-kind donations of goods and services for use at special events (auctions, raffles, prizes?
• Identify, plan and execute special annual campaigns that contribute to Annual Giving goals
• Work with Chief Development Officer to identify new annual giving prospects including research to determine capacity
• Prepare reports that accurately reflect the performance of all Annual Giving Campaigns
• Conduct tours with donors and prospects to increase awareness of organization’s needs
• Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
Strong verbal and written communication and editing skills
Ability to be detail oriented and manage multiple projects at the same time
Ability to work independently or within a team.
Ability to work on a daily basis with people who may have severe, profound and/or multiple disabilities.
Qualifications (education, training, experience, licenses)
Minimum of three (3) years of experience writing grants including proposal writing, institutional donors and research techniques for grant writing prospect research required.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) required.
• Previous experience with non-profit fundraising and fundraising information sources preferred.
• Experience utilizing online donor research programs and donor data based preferred.